We are ever confused in finding the best to-do method in this distracted world and yet find ourselves lagging behind. Ivy- Lee to-do hack is simple, forces you to make hard decisions and removes the friction of starting.
Complexity is often a weakness because it makes it harder to get back on track
The “Ivy Lee Method” on the face of it looks stupidly simple and the first question that comes to mind is ‘ How could something this simple be worth so much. What makes it so effective?. In fact couple of things :
- It focuses on managing priorities well
- It’s simple enough to actually work.
- It forces you to make tough decisions.
- It removes the friction of starting.
- It requires you to single-task at a time contrary to the advocacy of multitasking.
Here are the 5 simple steps:
- At the end of each workday, write down the six most important things you need to accomplish tomorrow. Do not write down more than six tasks
- Order those six tasks by importance
- The next day, concentrate only on the first task. Don‘t move to the second task until you finished the first one
- Repeat the process throughout the day. When the day is over, move unfinished items to a new list of six tasks for the next day
- Rinse and repeat
This is the same to-do method I put in practice.
Basically, if you commit to nothing, you will be distracted by everything.____ Joe
Bonus tip: if you carry an item too many days in a row, get rid of it completely.
If you keep delaying something, it probably isn‘t that important anyway…Do the most important thing first each day. It’s the only productivity trick you need.
Get in touch… — JOE’s LIFE SKILLS LAB/Joe Sehrawat
Do follow the ‘JOE’s Life Skills Lab‘ and get yourself enrolled in my E-Mail Newsletter “ SUNDAY RETAZOS” sent exclusively to my subscribers with weekly updates on Mindful Productivity, life lessons and interesting articles I discover during the Week. I AM SURE YOU DO NOT LIKE TO MISS OUT ON THIS.