Let us accept that most meetings are a waste of time and the ones that aren’t are still likely to take twice as long as they need to be.
The good news is that since meetings are so loaded with wasted time, they’re one of the easiest places to free up time for yourself ( on a lighter note ).
Here‘s how to make meetings more efficient and save time during the day:
- Start your meeting with an end time. This will make clear to the attendees that you mean business and only interested to discuss the agenda on the card.
- Reduce the Default Time of Your Meetings By 15 Minutes It promotes efficiency and automatically frees up 15 minutes
- Have a Plan Going in with an agenda guarantees the meeting will stay on track and you won’t waste time
- Limit Recurring Meetings Can your weekly updates be relegated to emails? or phone call? Can they be bi-weekly instead of weekly? Recurring meetings don’t need to happen as often as they’re scheduled
- Start On Time Don’t waste time waiting for people to show up. When you start on time, people will start to show up on time. Those who do not, arrive in time, let them find themselves what was discussed and what’s the way ahead. Accountability is the best discipline method.
- Try the Amazon Memo Tactic Amazon begins meetings by presenting a memo that each attendee reads to themselves that gives context and focus for the meeting
Get in touch… — JOE’s LIFE SKILLS LAB/Joe Sehrawat
Do follow the ‘JOE’s Life Skills Lab‘ and get yourself enrolled in my E-Mail Newsletter “ SUNDAY RETAZOS” sent exclusively to my subscribers with weekly updates on Mindful Productivity, life lessons and interesting articles I discover during the Week. I AM SURE YOU DO NOT LIKE TO MISS OUT ON THIS.