Knowledge, smarts and vision are characteristics of a great leader. Add to these the ability to identify and monitor his own as well as the emotions of others will make him /her a great leader. Qualities associated with such emotional intelligence distinguish the best leaders in the world.
- Realistic self-confidence: You recognize your own abilities and shortcomings; you operate from competence and know when to rely on someone else.
- Emotional insight: You are aware of your own feelings. You can identify the cause of the emotions to help you manage them
- Resilience: You know how to stay calm under pressure and can recover quickly from upsets.
- Emotional balance: You can control any distressful feelings without blowing up at people.
- Self-motivation: You keep moving toward long-term goals despite setbacks.
- Cognitive and emotional empathy: You can describe things in ways your colleagues can understand because you are aware of different perspectives.
- Good listening: You pay full attention to the other person and make sure you understand what they are saying.
- Compelling communication: You put your points in precise ways that persuade so that people are motivated.
- Team playing: People feel relaxed working with you.
Take good care & enjoy reading your dose of cerebral happiness.
Do follow the ‘JOE’s Life Skills Lab‘ and get yourself enrolled in my E-Mail Newsletter “SUNDAY RETAZOS” sent exclusively to my subscribers with weekly updates on Mindful Productivity, life lessons and interesting articles, I discover during the Week. I AM SURE YOU DO NOT LIKE TO MISS OUT ON THIS
Main Image Credit: Photo by David Iskander on Unsplash
Get in touch… — JOE’s LIFE SKILLS LAB/Joe Sehrawat